Passenger Information System (PIS)
Информация обновляется. Приносим извинения за временные неудобства.
PIS is an effective tool which provides passengers with necessary information connected with bus timetable, train arrival and departure time, current time and date, different help information.
Main tasks solved by the proposed PIS are:
- visual informing of the passengers about the bus routes at the station;
- visual informing of the passengers about the time intervals of bus arrivals and departures at the stations;
- visual informing of the passengers about the bus timetable at the station;
- providing the information about the current date and time;
- providing the passengers with the help information of different kinds (for example, information about the fare, routes, etc.);
- displaying the information of emergency operations services (for example, displaying the information of the firefighting system);
- providing the related systems such as Public Address System, SCADA, ATS, AFC and emergency operation services with the PIS resources.
The transmission of data between OCC and stations is done via the Multi-Service Network.
To provide the power supply of all elements of the system, the power supply units that provide the system operation in case of short time power-off are used.
Proposed passenger information system is a hardware and software system which consists of the following functional nodes and components:
- central server node in OCC which includes the group of servers of different purpose with corresponding special application-dependent software;
- automated work place of PIS administrator’s in OCC, which is intended for the central control, setting and monitoring of the system;
- PIS local station server;
- automated work place of the PIS operator at the station;
- Passenger Information Displays at the stations.
ADVANTAGES OF IMPLEMENTATION
The advantages of PIS implementation are:
- increasing of the passenger flow by means of informing the passengers about the timetable and intervals of train movement in the on-line mode, in its turn, it allows to improve the efficiency of the passenger service;
- prompt response for the emergency situations in train movement (failures, accidents, etc.), automatic correction of the traffic timetable and informing the passengers about these changes;
- creation of the PIS joint monitoring center, that allows to control centrally the display information on the passenger information displays(PID – Passenger Information Display) and perform its operation monitoring in on-line mode.