Automated Fare Collection System (AFC)
Информация обновляется. Приносим извинения за временные неудобства.
Automated Fare Collection System provides automatic fare collection on railway and subway, access control to stations, control and analysis of passenger flow as well as controls the tariff policies.
Smart-tokens and MIFARE® contactless payment cards are used in the system as payment media. Smart-tokens can be used as means of one-time and repeated fare payment. Payment contactless cards are used as means of repeated fare payment and as season tickets of different purposes.
AFC system is intended to perform the following functions:
- to release contactless cards of different functional capabilities and different purposes;
- to release of payment smart-tokens for one-time fare payment;
- to validate payment media according to the established rules;
- to collect and issue statistic information about vending and payment media usage;
- to accept and transmit controlling signals to the station equipment;
- to control working efficiency of station and server equipment.
AFC consists of several interconnected specialized subsystems which are intended for performance of definite functions:
- card preparation subsystem;
- card vending and topping up subsystem;
- subsystem of access limitation to the stations;
- complaint center subsystem;
- central server node.
Each subsystem consists of soft and hardware and provides performing the functions of subsystem.
Each subsystem consists of automatized working places, which allow controlling system operation and receiving required data.
Center of the system is a processing center (central server node). Set of server equipment with correspondent software, which provides system’s operation, is installed in the processing center.
ADVANTAGES OF IMPLEMENTATION
Advantages of the AFC system implementation:
- increase in fare collection revenue;
- analysis of the passengers flow records to manage the traffic route efficiency;
- possibility of flexible policy implementation (according to the distance, zone, etc.)
- implementation of different loyalty systems;
- preventing the fraud both from passengers as well as from transport company’s staff;
- reducing the costs for collecting the fare;
- developing of the extended report system for on-line monitoring of the financial flows;
- increasing of rail transport appeal for passengers;
- improving of ecologic situation due to the reducing of private transport usage.